Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A Bananas Republic and other nice stories...

There was a rumor... The Bananas Republic was located somewhere in South America...

I can now confirm this to be a uttere lie! It is located on the Western part of Europe on the so called "Civilised World".

The place is also known as Portugal (or Portuguese Republic") where, starting today, a computorized process was replaced by a manual process (that is chips running software with (lots of) bugs was replaced by a machine of paper running pencils and pens... ! ;)

Objective? Placing teachers on schools for the current school year... Please note that the current school year started last September 16th... ;)

Anyway...

I installed Service Pack 2 for Windows XP... so far it still hasn't busted my PC, and it's running fine (except for Norton 2003 wich I still haven't tested well, but the console seems to have stopped appear "by itself").

I'll give notice when I test it decently :)

Google Mail (http://www.gmail.com) on the other hand looks nice.
Nice clean interface, bunch of Space, and for free... pity they still have it on beta state, but it's looking nice :)

Back to the real world now... :)